Welcome to the Food Services Department
|Pam Mirenda||Director of Food Services|
Welcome Back to School!
The 2014-15 School Year will bring many changes to the School Lunch Menu for the students of Central Community USD 301. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 has put in place new menu planning and nutrition standards which became effective July 1, 2014.
The major changes to the lunch menu starting on the first day of school, August 20, 2014 will be more fruits and vegetables and whole grains offered on the menus.
- The fruit portion size for K-8 students will be ½ cup each day and for 9-12 grade students will be 1 cup per day.
- The vegetable portion size for K-8 students will be ¾ cup per day and for 9-12 grade students will be 1 cup per day.
- Pastas and breads must be made from at least 50% whole grains.
Other changes to the schools’ meals include:
- Appropriate serving sizes are defined by grade groupings: K-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
- The choices of milk include fat-free or low-fat milk. Flavored milk, such as chocolate must be fat-free.
- There are calorie minimums and maximums for each grade grouping. This allows for lunch to account for approximately 1/3 of the recommended calories for each grade grouping.
- A variety of vegetables must be offered. A variety of different colors and types of vegetables must be offered over a week: dark green, red/orange, beans/peas/legumes, starchy and other.
To boost the nutritional value of the Central 301 school lunches, we offer plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for color, texture, variety and fiber to the school lunch, also used are fruits which are frozen and canned in its own juice, hot vegetables are prepared using frozen vegetables that do not contain added fats, sugars and sodium; and canned vegetables labeled “no salt added”.
Throughout the school year, there will be new menu items added and less popular menu items deleted in order to offer students a lunch menu full of nutritional benefits and to pop with interest!
If you have any questions, please contact the Food Service Department @ 847-464-6043 or e-mail Pam Mirenda, Director of Food Services at email@example.com
|LUNCH INFORMATION||LUNCH MENUS|
Click on the icon above to set up your free account. If you need assistance setting up your account, click here for detailed instructions. You will need your student's ID number to sign up for the account. If you need help accessing that number, please contact your child's school.
*A convenience fee of $1.95 per transaction will be charged to your account. To compensate for this fee we will add 1 FREE Value Meal to your child's account for deposits of $40 or more. Deposits must result in a positive balance of $40 or more to receive Bonus meal.
Grade School $2.50
Middle School $2.60
High School $2.65
Reduced Lunch $0.40
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH
Applications are available at the main office in all schools
Click below to view & print application
Return completed application to your school office or mail to:
Central High School
Attention: Food Service
PO Box 68
Burlington, IL 60109
AUGUST LUNCH MENUS
SEPTEMBER LUNCH MENUS