Welcome to Central High School
Central High School Administration:
Athletic & Activities Director
Secretary to the Principal
|News & Announcements||Important Links|
Important End of Year Dates
Monday, May 25: Memorial Day Holiday; NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, May 26: Graduation Practice for Seniors at 7:30 a.m. in the Gym
Tuesday, May 26: Senior Picnic at 9:30 a.m. at Burlington Park
Tuesday, May 26: Senior Awards Night at 7:00 p.m. in the Auditorium
Friday, May 29: Final Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors; Periods A1, A2 & A4 - 12:20 p.m.
Friday, May 29: Graduation at 7:00 p.m. at Elgin Community College (ECC)
Monday, June 01: Final Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors; Periods B1, B2 & B4 - 12:20 p.m.
Tuesday, June 02: Final Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors; Periods A5 & B5
Tuesday, June 02: Last day of school; students dismissed at 10:50 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 19: First Day of the 2015-16 School Year!
Every Day in School Matters!
1. All students including seniors must take final exams on the designated date and time established by the school unless an Early Exam Form has been completed and approved by administration.
2. A senior may be exempt from a second semester exam if he/she:
a. Has at least a B average for the second semester in the class in question.
b. Has had no Saturday Schools, Temporary Classroom Removal (TCR), or Out of School Suspension during the second semester.
c. Has missed no more than four (4) days of school during the second semester, not including approved college visits.
COLLEGE VISITATION AND JOB INTERVIEWS
Central High School administrators recognize the importance of college visitations and job interviews. Seniors and juniors may be excused two days for college visitations, job interviews or military exams. These absences must be pre-arranged using the following procedure:
* A pre-arranged absence form must be completed by both student & parent before the date of absence. The form must then be signed by all of the student’s teachers with homework & assignments listed. Once complete, the student should turn the form into the office.
* Students are required to submit, on college, university, business or military letterhead, documentation of their visit.
* A student may choose to complete a thoughtful reflection in Naviance regarding their visit. If approved by the administration, the absence would not count against Perfect Attendance.
However, these activities should be scheduled during non-school time whenever possible.
Student E-mail Accounts
Student e-mail accounts are now available for students in grades 6 through 12. Click on the link below to learn how to use your Student E-mail Account...
Don't delay another day. Order your yearbook. All the details are convenient and online.
Check Out the Student Produced Rocket Review Newspaper